Another example of the Republican Party’s brazen assault on “the grand experiment” is Kyle Yunaska, the new chief of staff of the Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis. Yunsaka’s meteoric rise at the agency seems prompted by the happy coincidence that he’s spent the last few years as Eric Trump’s brother-in-law.
In spite of promising to hire “only the best people,” Trump’s been handing out government jobs to his family members, not because of their capabilities, but because they’re less likely to blow the whistle on his crimes- in keeping with tin-pot authoritarian tradition.
International corruption expert at Coalition for Integrity, Shruti Shah, expained for HuffPost, “You’ve seen it in countries all over the world where they’ve appointed family members, whether it’s their son, daughter, in-laws — it provides for tremendous opportunities for corruption. People who want to curry favor find their way to provide favors to family members as a way to get closer to the person in power.”
Although he has zero backround or experience in energy policy, Lara Trump’s brother’s promotion comes just eight months after being installed in the agency.
Yunaska’s new role comes with major responsibility. Newsweek reports, “As chief of staff, Yunaska will advise Executive Director Sean Cunningham and his deputy Carol Battershell, according to the Energy Department website. But here’s where it gets interesting: Under Obama, the Energy Policy and Systems Analysis office oversaw initiatives to fight climate change, but it’s unclear if that approach will continue. In his prior job as a lobbyist, Cunningham reportedly helped develop a directive to subsidize coal and nuclear power.”
Yunaska is just one in a long list of oddly unqualified minions so-called President Trump has inflicted on vital agencies and the nation. Many of these flunkies lack basic credentials, like a college degree, required for most government posts.
I wouldn’t hire unqualified felinophobiacs to babysit my cats, but so-called President Trump supposedly “loves” America so much, he’s stuffing key government posts with sycophants whose only qualification being loyalty to Trump and hatred for the agency they’re supposed to represent. That’s how much disdain Trump has for the government America’s founders fought a revolution to entrust to us.
This is just another reason why we must keep up the resistance. I only hope that by the time we (legally and peacefully) get rid of Republicans, and Trump is done with his destruction, the United States isn’t so far gone that’s it’s too late to get her back.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018