Scott Pruitt took a break from suing the very agency that was once dedicated to protecting us all from the likes of Scott Pruitt, to spread Exxon-funded fake news that there’s “doubt” surrounding CO2 and climate change. Keep in mind that this is in direct contradiction to the official stance of the EPA.
The EPA website states, “Since the Industrial Revolution began around 1750, human activities have contributed substantially to climate change by adding CO2 and other heat-trapping gases to the atmosphere. These greenhouse gas emissions have increased the greenhouse effect and caused Earth’s surface temperature to rise. The primary human activity affecting the amount and rate of climate change is greenhouse gas emissions from the burning of fossil fuels.”
During an appearance on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Pruitt said, “I think that measuring with precision human activity on the climate is something very challenging to do and there’s tremendous disagreement about the degree of impact, so no, I would not agree that it’s a primary contributor to the global warming that we see… But we don’t know that yet. … We need to continue the debate and continue the review and the analysis.”
As Tom DiChristopher wrote for CNBC, “The statement contradicts the public stance of the agency Pruitt leads. The EPA’s webpage on the causes of climate change states, “Carbon dioxide is the primary greenhouse gas that is contributing to recent climate change.”
Pruitt’s view is also at odds with the opinion of NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
“The planet’s average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere,” NASA and NOAA said in January.
Sen. Brian Schatz, D-Hawaii, co-chair of the Senate Climate Action Task Force, slammed Pruitt for his comments, calling his views “extreme” and “irresponsible.”
Scott Pruitt, the man who so-called President Trump made Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency so he could destroy the very agency he was tasked to administer, doesn’t seem to understand that it’s not just an agency being destroyed – but ourselves.
In 2010, the late Australian Professor Frank Fenner, a renowned microbiologist who helped to wipe out smallpox, predicted that overpopulation, environmental destruction and climate change will probably cause the human race to become extinct within 100 years. Leave it to so-called “conservatives” to do their part to prove him right.
We all knew he was a self-centered, greed-centered, flunky of the filthiest, greediest, selfish companies dedicated to sucking the life out the planet, now we have another example.
Guess Pruitt never heard the old saying that it’s “better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.”
Watch his entire CNBC appearance, below:
Here’s some of the reactions on Twitter:
Remove these fascist freaks, before they remove life on the planet.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018