The latest call for after-mass-shooting “thoughts and prayers,” got me thinking. Every time there’s a mass shooting (which, lately, is just about every single day) right-wing troglodytes have three standard responses:
- It’s too soon to talk about any form of gun control while emotions run high! (Since mass shooting are an almost daily event, just when would that be?)
- The 2nd Amendment is the supreme law, limiting gun ownership is anti-Constitution. (Which is absolute BULLSHIT!)
- “Thoughts and prayers” is the answer. (Let Big Daddy deal with it.)
Which brings us to Virginia! (The state, not the woman.)
Since February 9th of this year, there have been six mass shootings in Virginia, resulting in 18 deaths and 28 injured. And, for once, an American politician is trying to do something about it: Virginia Governor, Ralph Northam, is calling a special session of the legislature to push for gun control legislation. The governor wants action on several items:
- A ban on assault weapons;
- Universal background checks;
- A ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds;
- Legislation on “silencers;”
- Limiting areas where firearms are allowed
- Child access protection;
- Requiring reporting of lost or stolen firearms
As part of his announcement, Governor Northam stated:
We must do more than give thoughts and prayers, we must give Virginians the action they deserve!
No one should go to work, to school, or to church wondering if they will come home. But that is what our society has come to, because we fail to act on gun violence… I will be asking for votes and laws, not thoughts and prayers!
It didn’t take the tinfoil-toupeed troupe long to respond. After all, Northam was attacking the constitutional right of every “Real ‘Murican” to be ammosexual! (That’s ammosexual, not homosexual!) Not only that, but he cast aspersion on the power of prayer to the magic sky guy.
Enter E.W. [Earl Walker] Jackson.
Those of you not from Virginia, may not be very aware of who E.W. Jackson is. I’m sure that most Virginians would probably probably prefer to be the same. For the rest of us, a bit of background:
E.W. is a Khristian bible-thumper (mainly the O.T. portion) who’s also a lawyer and failed politician. He’s also a frequent guest “expert” for Fox and he’s written books promoting a so-called “prosperity gospel.” (That’s where your righteousness is measured by the amount of money you possess.) As he put it, Money magnifies the character of an individual.
He has the usual “troglodyte cred”: He hates the LGBT Community. (“Very sick people,” as he puts it.) He thinks evolution is a scam, since chimps haven’t learned to talk. (See last link.) And, of course, he claims ‘Murica was created as a “Christian” country! (Not according to the “Founding Fathers,)
As a failed politician, he’s run for office twice in Virginia: In 2012 he ran for senator but lost in the primary. (He received 5% of the vote.) Then in 2013 he ran for Lieutenant Governor and lost by a quarter million votes. His opponent in the general election was Ralph Northam.
Ok, the back has been grounded. And, that brings us back to our subject.
After Governor Northam’s press conference, E.W. had some thoughts(?) on the governor and his “thoughts and prayers” comment:
The ultimate answer is God. So let’s add to Northam’s sordid resume that he is also a God-hater. These leftists do this all the time, ‘We don’t want to hear about your prayers.’ They don’t know that prayer is the most powerful force in the universe.
Prayer is extremely powerful. Not only is this dismissive of prayer—and therefore dismissive of Christians, because it’s mainly Christians who say, ‘We’re praying for you’—but it’s blasphemous because it is basically saying that God is irrelevant.
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019
- Knuckle Dragger: Country Songs Contain Evil Magic Spells - August 4, 2019
- Bishop Claims Homosexuality Is The Product Of Women Enjoying Anal Sex - July 28, 2019
- Woman Thinks Spiderman’s Hands Belong To Satan! - July 18, 2019
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019