It has been amply established that Donald Trump, Jr. is his father’s son in every way. Like his father, Junior is a self-absorbed one-percenter with an ego as large as Trump Tower is tall. Indeed, the only real difference between Donald Sr. and Donald Jr. is that Junior has at least worked for someone who isn’t a relative. After graduating from the Wharton School, he spent a year as a bartender in Aspen before joining his dad’s real estate empire.
One trait Junior shares with his father is a penchant for conspiracy theories. But while Donald Sr. frequently uses his 280-character rage tweets to normalize the latest dreck and claptrap floating around the tubes, Donald Jr. is more subtle. Whenever he sees a conspiracy theory roll across his phone, Junior can’t resist hitting the “Like” or “Retweet” button.
For instance, soon after the Parkland school shooting, he liked two tweets spreading conspiracy theories about one of the survivors, David Hogg. He also retweeted part of the bizarre Twitter rant that likely ended Roseanne Barr’s career.
This weekend brought another example. It seems that Junior has given his blessing to the latest conspiracy theory du jour on the right-wing fringe–the idea that the deep state is out to get Congressman Jim Jordan.
In case you missed it, Jordan is under fire for reportedly turning a blind eye to sexual assault on Ohio State’s wrestling team when he was an assistant coach there from 1986 to 1994. As of Monday, seven former wrestlers claim to have been molested by longtime team doctor Richard Strauss.
Literally within hours of this story breaking, right-wingers tried to claim that this story bubbled up to the surface only because Jordan has helped lead the effort to derail Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s effort to hack the election. To hear the deplorables talk, the deep state will stop at nothing to muzzle a patriotic Republican Congressman from Ohio who is trying to blow the lid on them.
If that isn’t enough, the deplorables are also claiming there’s funny business at the law firm helping lead Ohio State’s investigation into this debauchery, Perkins Coie. Why? Well, Perkins Coie served as counsel for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign. In that role, it retained oppo firm Fusion GPS, which helped produce Christopher Steele’s dossier claiming that Trump had been compromised by the Kremlin.
All of that information set the deplorables howling. For example, Jim Hoft claimed that this was more evidence that Jordan was the target of “fake news and slander” aimed at taking down “a patriot and a winner.” Not to be outdone, Breitbart wagged its finger at the mainstream media for not noting Perkins Coie’s ties to the Hillary campaign. But this conspiracy theory picked up a very big endorsement over the weekend–Donald Jr.
On Friday, Jordan Schactel of Mark Levin’s CRTV joined the deplorables claiming Jordan was the victim of a librul hatchet job.
At some point over the weekend, Junior saw this crawl across his phone–and liked it.
So there you have it, folks. Junior is effectively saying that the former wrestlers are puppets of a Democratic/deep state plot to shut down Jordan. This is exactly why these men waited so long to speak up–and why so many victims of sexual assault don’t come forward at all.
Junior is lucky most of the chatter in Washington is centered on his dad’s pick for the Supreme Court. Had this latest deplorable like been spotted sooner, it would be yet more proof that he is “Dumber” to little brother Eric’s “Dumb.”
- This Tea Party Radio Host May Be DONE With Trump (VIDEO/TWEETS) - July 15, 2018
- InfoWars Thinks Identity Theft Is Just Fine If It Stopped Hillary (VIDEOS) - July 14, 2018
- Trumps Use UK Trip To Woo Business Contacts On Our Dime (TWEET/VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Lawsuit Trump Thought He ‘Won’ Is Back In Court (TWEETS) - July 13, 2018
- Right-Wing Teenager Doesn’t Care About Trump’s Outrages–Just That He’s ‘WINNING’ (VIDEO/TWEET) - July 12, 2018
- Donnie Junior Endorses A Deplorable Conspiracy Theory–Again (TWEET/PHOTO) - July 9, 2018
- Pizzagate Peddler: If You Want To Abolish ICE, You’re Okay With Sexual Assault Of Kids (TWEETS) - July 8, 2018
- Major Right-Wing Think Tank Throws Shade At Trump After Previously Cheering Him (TWEETS/AUDIO) - July 7, 2018
- Former Lawyer For Shady Russian Bank May Be On His Way To DOJ (TWEETS) - July 6, 2018
- Mike Huckabee Recites A Subversive Document–The Declaration Of Independence (TWEETS/AUDIO/VIDEO) - July 5, 2018