It must be tough for anti-American Repugs having to try & pretend to operate in a constitutionally-limited democratic republic, when in their chests beat the hearts of filthy, cowardly, authoritarian dictators.
That being the case, and well aware that they were losing in the court of public opinion, Republicans rammed through legislation actively targeting the working class by inventing a new “nuclear option” to pass their union-killing bill with no quorum, no discussion and no debate.
Despite the ruse that Republicans insisted that stripping collective bargaining was a “fiscal” issue, Repugs violate the Wisconsin “Open Meetings” law and voted to destroy unions as a stand alone, non-“fiscal” bill.
Clearly, Republicans have been attacking Unions on an ideological, not “fiscal” basis. The “fiscal” excuse being trotted out all over the nation in places stupid enough to vote Republican as the excuse to hammer the last nail into the coffin of the late, great, American middle class and ram through the Republican pro-corporate, anti-worker agenda. A further irony being, if fiscal shortfalls exist around the country, they have been the result of 30 years of abysmal Republican policies.
Up to now, the Budget Repair Bill in Wisconsin has been frozen because all fourteen Senate Democrats will not return to the state to negotiate it. There’s no quorum — the bill, which consists of many fiscal components, can’t pass.
Republicans in the Senate are trying an end run around that now. They have called a conference committee meeting — which is open to the media — where the key fiscal component of the bill, a refinancing provision, will be stripped out. The collective bargaining component, the pay cuts, pension reform — all still there. That would allow the stripped-down bill to pass the Senate with no Democrats present.
Republicans care not about America as a whole and have no problem championing policies that have turned America from a creditor to a debtor nation and the middle class into the working poor. Republicans have no problem further empowering a handful of powerful elite who have no moral qualms about being rich people in a poor country – just as long as the Republicans themselves also get to partake in the opulence.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018