Representative Alan Grayson took to the floor of the House to remind Democrats that watering down a health reform bill to please Olympia Snowe – one Republican woman representing a state that is one half of one percent of the population of America – is a disservice to the American People, 47,000 of whom will die this year for lack of health care.
In spite of overwhelming majorities in the legislative branch and the landslide win of the Presidency, Democrats suffering from Stockholm Syndrome have from the start approached health reform from a compromised position and have been disgracefully courting Olympia Snowe in spite of the fact that her vote isn’t guaranteed.
It is a testament to our broken system that one woman who enjoys wonderful health care by the grace of the taxpayers who she pretends to represent, can ignore the fact that 70% support a public option and chose to side with her well-heeled benefactors.
Grayson, a freshman representative from Florida who seems to have full control of his spine, is making waves by eviscerating Republicans with the truth.
“We as a party have spent the last six months– the greatest minds of our party dwelling on the question, the unbelievably consuming question of how to get Olympia Snowe to vote for health care reform. I want to remind us all… Olympia Snowe was not elected president last year. Olympia Snowe has no veto power in the Senate. Olympia Snowe represents a state with one half of one percent of America’s population.”
Watch it here:
Snowe herself has received over $1 million in campaign contributions from the health care industry and has been a major force in pushing for a public option with a trigger, a system largely supported by the private insurers who own her ass.
Hey… our reward will come in Heaven! Our Sovereign Lords have profits to make! As for the rest of us… better luck next life.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018