DISCLAIMER: I use the term “Khristian” when referring to these people, because they sure as hell ain’t “Christian!” Christ taught love. These people screech HATE!
That may not seem surprising, since libraries are repositories of knowledge and knowledge is the enemy of troglodytes (particularly religious ones) everywhere. However, this wasn’t a battle against information and really doesn’t have anything to do with creationism, evolution, astrophysics or any of that.
So, what got his Spongebob Underoos all bunched up?
LGBT books on the shelf…. in the young readers section! (Oh, the HORROR!)
It seems a good Khristian mommy went into a library to look for a book on puppetry. She didn’t find the book she was looking for, but she did find some kids’ books with LGBT topics that didn’t demonize the LGBT Community.Some of the offending books
Not only that, but when she googled the American Library Association official magazine, American Libraries, there was a pic of a drag queen reading stories to little kids. Upon reading the post, she found out this sort of thing was happening in “REAL ‘MURICAN” cities like Lincoln Nebraska.
Well, she did what any good Khristian troglodyte would do. She whined about it! She penned a post in the “Religious Wrong” publication, World Magazine.
Enter (Extreme right): Ken Ham
The tweet garnered the expected response from his mental midget followers. Here’s a couple of examples:
Until ALL parents in an area protest such disgusting filth, they will not stop pushing it on the kids. Parents should not only complain (loudly) about the presence of such books there, but also protest anything like Drag Queen story hour happens. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
You would not know what we deal with in our area because of what the schools are forcing down our kids throats. It’s worse than sex education. Pray! We who believe, the Bible is infallible, are the minority in the World and in Christians. My we have a mission. Please pray for us
However, surprisingly there was some pushback among the tweet readers:
Referring to anyone as ‘the enemy’ isn’t what the Bible teaches, Ken. Live as a child and don’t judge others. Isn’t that the whole point? That God will judge them so you shouldn’t…
Last I checked libraries don’t “push” books on anyone. Nobody forces kids to pick out books, nobody makes them do anything at the library. The book merely existing on the shelves is not pushing anything on anyone.
None of this is all too surprising, except for some of the pushback. Khristian Creationists are on thin ground when it comes to knowledge. So, they are the natural enemies of libraries and other sources of real information. Besides, if any children are indoctrinated in anything, they want to be the ones indoctrinating!
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019
- Free Speech ‘Trumpstravaganza’ Expects 1000 Troglodytes, Needs One Porta Potty - July 3, 2019
- Creationist Troglodyte: Libraries Are Dangerous For Kids - June 29, 2019
- The Weird Week Of The ‘Religious Wrong’ - June 23, 2019
- Alex Jones’ Pedophile Porn/Sandy Hook Scandal - June 18, 2019
- The Pelosi Project: Jail The Witches (Which Witch Is Which?) - June 13, 2019
- E.W. Jackson: Saying ‘Thoughts And Prayers Won’t Stop Gun Violence’ Is Blasphemous - June 7, 2019
- GOPers Plan ‘Christian State’ To Be Based On Biblical Law - June 2, 2019