DISCLAIMER: I use the term “Khristian” when referring to these people, because they sure as hell ain’t “Christian!” Christ taught love. These people screech HATE!
That may not seem surprising, since libraries are repositories of knowledge and knowledge is the enemy of troglodytes (particularly religious ones) everywhere. However, this wasn’t a battle against information and really doesn’t have anything to do with creationism, evolution, astrophysics or any of that.
So, what got his Spongebob Underoos all bunched up?
LGBT books on the shelf…. in the young readers section! (Oh, the HORROR!)
It seems a good Khristian mommy went into a library to look for a book on puppetry. She didn’t find the book she was looking for, but she did find some kids’ books with LGBT topics that didn’t demonize the LGBT Community.Some of the offending books
Not only that, but when she googled the American Library Association official magazine, American Libraries, there was a pic of a drag queen reading stories to little kids. Upon reading the post, she found out this sort of thing was happening in “REAL ‘MURICAN” cities like Lincoln Nebraska.
Well, she did what any good Khristian troglodyte would do. She whined about it! She penned a post in the “Religious Wrong” publication, World Magazine.
Enter (Extreme right): Ken Ham
The tweet garnered the expected response from his mental midget followers. Here’s a couple of examples:
Until ALL parents in an area protest such disgusting filth, they will not stop pushing it on the kids. Parents should not only complain (loudly) about the presence of such books there, but also protest anything like Drag Queen story hour happens. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!
You would not know what we deal with in our area because of what the schools are forcing down our kids throats. It’s worse than sex education. Pray! We who believe, the Bible is infallible, are the minority in the World and in Christians. My we have a mission. Please pray for us
However, surprisingly there was some pushback among the tweet readers:
Referring to anyone as ‘the enemy’ isn’t what the Bible teaches, Ken. Live as a child and don’t judge others. Isn’t that the whole point? That God will judge them so you shouldn’t…
Last I checked libraries don’t “push” books on anyone. Nobody forces kids to pick out books, nobody makes them do anything at the library. The book merely existing on the shelves is not pushing anything on anyone.
None of this is all too surprising, except for some of the pushback. Khristian Creationists are on thin ground when it comes to knowledge. So, they are the natural enemies of libraries and other sources of real information. Besides, if any children are indoctrinated in anything, they want to be the ones indoctrinating!
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019