74% of Americans want to see Trump’s tax returns, though Trump insists that “no one cares.”
Tonight, Rachel Maddow released Trump’s 2005 tax returns, leaked to the Daily Beast’s David Cay Johnston. It should be noted that in 2001, Johnston won a Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of loopholes in the U.S. tax code.
Johnston, who wrote the book, “The Making of Donald Trump,” noted that Donald Trump has a history of leaking to the press, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he leaked this himself in an attempt to control the press narrative and put to rest the notion that he’s not as rich as he purports to be. We all know Trump has even called a reporter pretending to be his own press secretary, and bragged about how many famous women who wanted to date him.
Listen to that bizarre phone call below:
Johnston discusses his book below, in which he says Donald Trump thinks he’s a dictator and lives by the philosophy of “get revenge.” Watch the fascinatingly disturbing interview, below:
Before Maddow’s show was even over, Trump released a statement complaining about the “desperation” for “ratings.” Though, I suppose it takes one to know one.
Maddow’s bombshell proceeded to break Twitter as right wingers rallied to try and proclaim them “no biggie.” Though, they would generate no interest at all if the so-called President had followed precedent and simply released them.
The fact is, Trump is up to his hair plugs with conflicts of interest, shady business connections and mysterious ties to Russian oligarchs. Just the fact that a Russian oligarch bought a mansion from Trump, paying 60 million dollars above what it was worth, looking suspiciously like a money laundering scheme. CNBC also noted, “Trump would have paid much less for 2005 if not for the alternative minimum tax (AMT), which he has vowed to abolish.” This could all be another one of Trump’s tactics to shift the conversation away from the disastrous CBO report on Trumpcare and his continuously troubling Russian connections.
Watch the Maddow segment, here:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018