In 2014, during the Obama Administration, we all remember the faces of ugly Americans who woke up in the morning, got dressed, had their morning coffee and drove off to scream in the faces of frightened children fleeing the gang violence in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, that US foreign policy helped to create. Now Trump and his fascists are gearing up to implement another more inhumanely damaging national disgrace.
In an MSNBC exclusive, Chris Hayes reported, “The Trump administration is planning to radically expand the program and facilities for the detention of immigrant families seeking asylum in the United States, according to documents obtained exclusively by All In.
In a town hall with Department of Homeland Security staffers last month, Asylum Division Chief John Lafferty said DHS had already located 20,000 beds for the indefinite detention of those seeking asylum, according to notes from the meeting obtained by All In. This would represent a nearly 500% increase from current capacity.”
Hayes also stated that the Department of Homeland Security is considering inhumanely separating women and children in an effort to deter mothers from migrating with their children.
There’s your “compassionate CONservatism” in action!
No one “loves freedom” more than those who’ve risked everything for a chance to obtain it, but Trump’s America is built on hatred, bigotry, fear, racism and division. That’s music to the ears of the private prison industry. The private prison company known as “CoreCivic,” formerly “Corrections Corporation of America,” overseas the majority of facilities. According to an extensive investigation by the Southern Poverty Law Center, these privately-run detention facilities routinely deny detainees due process as they endure inhumane conditions. Humane conditions and access to the courts in a so-called democratic nation of laws would cut into “CoreCivic’s” profit margin, I suppose. After all, greed is the only value cherished when right-wing cowards, racists, bullies and their sycophants have their grip on power.
Watch Chris Hayes’ entire report, below… and remember… THIS is why we RESIST:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018