As soon as the ink is dry on their abominable tax scam which includes the repeal of the democracy-protecting Estate Tax, it’s widely predicted that Republicans are coming for our Social Safety net. In fact, you can bet what’s left of your money on it – and they’re not wasting any time.
When talking about his support of repealing the Estate Tax, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, attacked one of Republicans’ oft-targeted boogie man – namely, the “undeserving poor.”
When confronted by the Des Moines Register that the Estate Tax barely touches the so-called “family farms” Republicans pretend to be so concerned about when defending repeal, Grassley shifted to a justification we’re sure to hear from Republicans more and more as they aim their greed-centered, anti-democratic, unAmerican sights upon Social Security and Medicare.
Grassley said, “I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing, as opposed to those that are just spending every penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”
Let’s be clear, the Estate Tax is patriotic tax that prevents the growth of an intergenerational aristocracy the likes of which our founders fought a revolution to escape.
Again. The Estate Tax is a patriotic tax that prevents the growth of an intergenerational aristocracy, which, as history shows again and again, corrupts government.
Of course, Republicans want to end it. After all, Republicans loathe democracy and are actively building an American intergenerational aristocracy. Forget American “meritocracy.” We’re all now supposed to bow before the likes of Donald Trump Jr.
As Justice Louis Brandies said,
“We can have concentrated wealth in the hands of a few or we can have democracy. But we cannot have both.”
Fact is, Republicans don’t want to have a democracy. Make no mistake, Republicans may be using this egregious argument to defend their Estate Tax repeal today, but it’s the same excuse they’ll use to target Social Security and Medicare tomorrow.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018