Another day, another Republican is caught in the act of being himself: unfit to hold a leadership position in a modern nation. Now, it’s Chris Christie, the loud mouth bully/”savior” du jour of the dying (not fast enough) Republican Party. Despite his typically dismissive, sarcastic and abusive retorts, Christie was unsuccessful in making everyone forget that he and his minions abused their positions in government to create a traffic nightmare for the people of Fort Lee, New Jersey, in an effort to retaliate against Democratic political rivals – not only inconveniencing, but giddily endangering the lives of the people they pretend to represent.
Read Mother Jones’ breakdown of the whole scandal, and you’ll quickly agree with something I always contend. Namely… Republicans represent the people? Naaa…. The only reason a Republican seeks a position in government is to ingratiate and enrich himself and his/her friends.
Harming the People they Pretend to Represent: Standard Operating Political Strategy for Republicans.
As Robert Draper revealed in his book,”Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives,” on Jan. 20, 2009 – the night of Barack Obama’s first inauguration – Republicans met at the Caucus Room restaurant in Washington D.C. for a four hour, “invitation only” meeting. There, Republicans who were elected to do “the People’s work” literally hatched the plot to sabotage, undermine and destroy the U.S. economy as a 2012 election strategy by repeatedly blocking President Obama’s every attempt to fix Bush’s conservative failures in an effort to ensure the President would not be re-elected. House members Cantor, Hensarling, Hoekstra, Lungren, McCarthy, Ryan & Sessions…Senate members, Coburn, Corker, DeMint, Ensign & Kyl… conspired with unelected Newt Gingrich & Repug strategist Frank Luntz to bring the government to a screeching halt and harm the American People for political gain.
Christie’s unconscionable abuse of power aimed at the people who suffer under his leadership is just another day at the office for a Republican “hero” who sprinkled state offices with unqualified flunkies who then, like all flunkies connected to a crime boss, squatted in their positions for the sole purpose of sucking off the government teat.
Christie tried to wiggle out of this traffic jam scandal in his typical bully style. At one point, actually trying to manufacture outrage at the people of Fort Lee for having 3 toll entrances and sarcastically joking that “he moved the cones himself.”* What more can we expect? A bully is what a bully does, and Christie has a history of pettiness, bullying and retribution against political rivals.
So, please don’t believe the manufactured narrative that Christie is some post-partisan antidote to “Washington” intransigence.
He’s a typical Republican puppet of plutocracy who is in office to advance the interests of the elite. He’s already made the obligatory secret pilgrimage to kiss the Koch brothers’ feet. (Read “5 Corrupt Things About New Jersey Governor Chris Christie” by Olivia Nuzzi at Alternet).
Thankfully, Christie is now being exposed for the crook that he is – and all I can say to that is, “is it wrong that I’m smiling?“
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018