Republicans have given us a lot of “firsts” in so-called President Trump’s first year in office.
Trump is the first President who needs three tries to spell the word “heal,” the first president to endorse of a serial child molester, and now, on the first anniversary of his inauguration, Trump is the first President to preside over a government shutdown while his party controls all branches of government.
As the clock struck midnight, MSNBC’s Brian Williams described the scene perfectly:
“I said this last week, and I don’t mean to insult a bunch of drunks, but this is government by, seemingly, a bunch of drunks.”
Republicans have a long history of hating government, undermining the government and shutting it down. Now they’ve, once again, failed to do the most basic task for which they were sent to Washington D.C.: keeping the government open.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Republicans are unfit to hold leadership positions in a modern nation. They must be relegated to permanent minority status if this country stands a chance of survival.
Watch the clip below:
With an approval rating of an abysmal 39%, Trump is the most unpopular so-called President on record. As the Washington Post reported, this is “lower than the figure at the end of Barack Obama’s first year (50 percent), George W. Bush’s (82 percent, thanks to 9/11) and Bill Clinton’s (60 percent).”
Let’s hope this example of Republican ineptitude motivates the American people to vote blue in the midterm elections until the Republican Party is a permanent minority.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018