The Daily Beast has uncovered a BP memo showing that five years ago, as opposed to blast-proof lodgings, they put workers into cheap portable trailers right next door to dangerously explosive facilities solely to cut corners and save money. The result became known as the Texas City Refinery explosion where 15 workers died and 170 were injured.
This disgustingly tasteless internal document justified BP’s callous, greed-centered, cost-cutting as “The Three Little Pigs.” Ironically, it is the capitalist pigs who gambled with the lives of its workers by building cheaper housing for workers after comparing the cost of housing fellow human beings in blast-resistant buildings versus flimsy trailers.
Once again, when corporations gamble, it is the people who lose and pick up the tab.
Why should our “betters” care? To them, the lives of dumb Plebeians are expendable!
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018