Knowing that Faux News viewers are stupid enough to vote for Republicans, Glenn Beck, looking ruddy and puffy as usual most likely from his admitted alcoholism, ranted on his corporate protection racket about his dreams for another terrorist attack in the United States.
Taking a break from his usual trolling for Presidential assassins, Beck indulged his other favorite pastime of fear mongering by giving his mouth-breathing followers a glimpse into his fantasies of Al Qaeda murdering Americans and destroying an American city.
Beck, committed to the ongoing campaign to dupe xenophobic, willfully ignorant, rank and file Republicans of the truth that their party actively works against average working people, also took the opportunity to weave the often utilized convenient fairy-tale myth of the “rugged individual” in order to assuage them of the nagging fear that Republican policies have destroyed the American Dream.
Beck and his corporatist elite co-conspirators have a vested interest in propagating these fairy tales in order to divide Americans. Their song is old, played out and stale.
In fact, during a time when it was considered an asset for American Presidents to be educated and well-spoken, John F. Kennedy was also battling the same misleading memes. He said, “For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie–deliberate, contrived and dishonest–but the myth–persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the clichés of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.”
The myth of the rugged individual is mainly a Hollywood construct that came to life in dime-store novels and John Wayne movies. In the reality-based world it is most-often a partnership between government and people that made much of American expansion and innovation possible.
In that same speech, John F. Kennedy said, “The solid ground of mutual confidence is the
necessary partnership of government with all of the sectors of our society
in the steady quest for economic progress.” Read the full text of that speech here.
Beck also appeased the inherently cowardly ordinary Republicans with a fake populist rant about how America “defeated Communism” in spite of the fact that Communist China manufactures all the crap they get from Wal-Mart, holds more US government debt than any other country and has aided Republicans in destroying the American Middle Class by forcing American’s to compete for jobs with Chinese workers making 16 cents a day.
Beck helps the corporatist machine he protects, hide its crimes in the smoke of myths that seek to rewrite the past and the present, dividing “We The People” into a country of fearful and suspicious loners, and like all sociopathic thieves, they steal the American dream while pretending to help us look for it.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018