No, you’re not seeing things. While he finds himself in petty squabbles with everyone from celebrities to Twitter trolls and loves to scold our democratic European allies, so-called President Trump has nothing but effusive praise for the former KGB agent and murderous dictator, Russian so-called “President” Vladimir Putin.
Now, Spencer Ackerman of the Daily Beast reports that during the early days of the Trump so-called presidency, a “senior National Security Council official proposed withdrawing some U.S. military forces from Eastern Europe as an overture to Vladimir Putin” – another damning example of the Trump team’s undying allegiance to Putin. A revelation that seems, to some, curiously timed with Bannon’s ouster at Breitbart News.
Ackerman’s report continues, “While the proposal was ultimately not adopted, it is the first known case of senior aides to Donald Trump seeking to reposition U.S. military forces to please Putin—something that smelled, to a colleague, like a return on Russia’s election-time investment in President Trump. The White House did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s request for comment.
The official who offered the proposal, a deputy assistant to Trump for strategic planning, mused in February 2017 about withdrawing U.S. troops close to Russian borders as part of a strategy proposal to “refram[e] our interests within the context of a new relationship with Russia,” the former official told The Daily Beast, who heard this directly from the official, Kevin Harrington.
Harrington is the NSC’s senior official for strategic planning. He had neither military experience nor significant government experience before joining the White House. But he had an influential credential: As a managing director for the Thiel Macro hedge fund, he was close to Trump patron and ally Peter Thiel. Trump’s first national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, announced Harrington’s arrival in early February as part of a “talented group” ready to bring “fresh ideas to the table.” Read the entire article over at the Daily Beast.
We all remember the case of the Trump campaign successfully lobbying to change the Republican Party Platform to a more Putin-friendly stance on his aggression in Ukraine. Now we have this fresh example of the Trump teams’ eagerness to do the bidding of a foreign, anti-democratic dictator who was actively engaged in undermining the American electoral system.
Adding to this drama is the fact that its disclosure may be a warning shot across the bow of the Trump White House fired by, none other than, “Sloppy” Steve Bannon.
During an MSNBC segment with Former CIA analyst, Ned Price and neoconservative political commentator, David Frum, Frum proposed the source of the revelation, stating,
“I would draw attention though, to understand what’s happening here, to a couple of dates.
The date of this memo is February 2017. The date of Steve Bannon’s departure From the National Security Council is April 2017.
After April 2017 Steve Bannon no longer has access to national security materials. Before April 2017, he does. So, who is there who would have an interest in leaking a document – a ‘blue sky document’ – as Ned said, that solidifies an allegation he wants to make that the people he didn’t like in the Trump Administration we’re too close to Russia?”
Watch the segment, here:
Indeed, it does seem completely in character that on the night of Bannon’s ouster from a right-wing website he helped build, as well as his epic expulsion from Trump’s good graces, the self-described “street fighter” would get in his parting shots. I’m sure it’s just the beginning. There’s no way this disclosure is the most damaging bit of information Bannon is aware of.
How fitting it would be if the revulsive “nationalist” (Nazi) Bannon took down the entire Trump Crime Family. Speculation aside, we can rest assured the “Revenge of Steve Bannon” has only just begun.
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants Us To Believe John Kelly is as Petty and Small As Trump - July 12, 2018
- Caught on Camera – Racist Harasses Woman for Wearing Shirt Depicting Puerto Rican Flag As Cops Do Nothing - July 10, 2018
- To Placate Formula Makers, Trump Bullies UN Over Breastfeeding Resolution – Until Russia Sponsors It - July 9, 2018
- Another Notable Conservative Flees ‘White-Nationalist Party’ GOP, Endorses Democratic ‘Takeover’ - July 5, 2018
- Portland Police Revoke Permit When Alt-Right Rally Turns Into a Rampage - July 2, 2018
- Marco Rubio is More Upset About An “F Bomb” on TV than Another Gun Massacre (TWEETS) - June 29, 2018
- Trump Defends Putin’s Innocence In Election Meddling Right Before Summit Announcement - June 28, 2018
- Restaurant That Refused To Serve Sarah Sanders Targeted by Trump Supporters (VIDEO) - June 27, 2018