Michele Bachmann left congress in 2013, while under investigation by the Office of Congressional Ethics, the Federal Election Commission, the Iowa Senate Ethics Committee, the FBI and the Urbandale Police Department.
At that point, I was hoping she’d slither back into the swamp, never to heard from again. Sadly, that wasn’t to be.
She’s still around as evidenced by her appearance on “Understanding The Times” last Sunday [8/19/18]. However, she doesn’t seem to be quite up to date with her conspiracy theories. She’s still pushing a wing-nut theory that has been totally and legally debunked.
But like Rudy, to Bachmann “Truth isn’t truth!”
Host Jan Markell pitched the screwball by asking,
How did our Department of Justice go so haywire?
In the real world, the answer to that question might be “Jeff Sessions.” But in the land of tinfoil toupees, there seems to be a different reality.
It went haywire under Barack Obama. While this was the Department of Injustice, in my words, we saw the corruption of the FBI, we saw the president of the United States, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton doing the colluding with creating a phony story by paying off a guy to write a phony memo to suggest that somehow Donald Trump was working with Russians on the election.
The entire basis of the special prosecutor claim of creating Robert Mueller’s investigation was based upon a lie. And, in fact, just the opposite was true. What came out—and this really should be the biggest issue of this election is this—what we found out is that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton colluded together with a former spy from Russia to spy on Donald Trump’s campaign, including embedding a human being in his campaign to spy on him and use the instruments of the United States government—the CIA, the FBI—to spy on a candidate for president.
It sounds like she’s trying to revive the discredited right-wing claim that this whole investigation is based on the “Steele Dosier.” That’s been proven wrong in several court documents.
And, of course, Bachmann provided absolutely no evidence to back up her claim. But then, she’s not one who has ever placed much importance on evidence.
The government was used against political opponents. I’ll tell you the people who should be under investigation—really who should be in jail right now—and I don’t say this to be partisan, is our former president, our former candidate for the Democrat Party. They were misusing government to advance their political wins. So rather than Donald Trump being under the microscope, it should be Hillary Clinton, it should be Barack Obama.
The day Bachmann doesn’t say something to be partisan, will be the day the sun rises in the west!
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Biden: ‘Weak’ Trump has fomented violence in US cities - August 31, 2020
- Trump Praises Turkish President Erdoğan In Front Of Freed Hostage Andrew Brunson During RNC Segment - August 26, 2020
- Nancy Pelosi Calls COVID-19 ‘Trump Virus’ – Instead Of President’s Favored ‘Chinese Virus’ - July 25, 2020
- Micheal Cohen Lawyers File Petition For His Release From Prison, Claiming Retaliation For Book About Trump - July 22, 2020
- Trump Accuses Biden Of Trying To ‘Abolish Suburbs’ In Odd Rose Garden Press Conference - July 17, 2020
- Trump Fires Campaign Manager Brad Parscale, Replaces Him With Bill Stepien Amid Poor Polling - July 16, 2020
- Trump move to free ally Stone is ‘historic corruption’: Republican senator - July 11, 2020
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020