Yesterday [5/15/18] the anti-Islamic, anti-everything-LGBT hate group, Family Research Council, [FRC] announced that its president, Tony Perkins, has been appointed to the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom [USCIRF] as its newest commissioner.
No, this Tony Perkins is not the actor in “Psycho“, “Friendly Persuasion”, and other mid-century films. (Who, btw. was gay and died of AIDS related pneumonia in 1992) This Tony Perkins is a former Louisiana legislator and failed senatorial candidate, who took over the FRC in 2003.
As I noted above, the FRC has been designated a hate group, and in that sense, Tony is a perfect fit. Here’s just a few of his oral bowel movements:
While activists like to claim that pedophilia is a completely distinct orientation from homosexuality, evidence shows a disproportionate overlap between the two. … It is a homosexual problem. 
Those who understand the homosexual community – the activists – they’re very aggressive, they’re – everything they accuse us of they are in triplicate. They’re intolerant, they’re hateful, vile, they’re spiteful. 
What most people either don’t realize or willfully ignore is that only 16 percent of Islam is a religion — the rest is a combination of military, judicial, economic, and political system. Christianity, by comparison, isn’t a judicial or economic code — but a faith. So to suggest that we would be imposing some sort of religious test on Muslims is inaccurate. Sharia is not a religion in the context of the First Amendment. 
Now, while I would dearly love to blame this boondoggle appointment on Trump, I can’t! This bit of insanity is entirely the Senate Majority Leader’s. Yup, Mitch McConnell (Aka “Trutle” and a few sobriquets my mama didn’t like me using.) is the culprit this time.
So unless this is a quid for the quo of Trump nominating the Turtles bro-in-law for a plush position he’s completely unqualified for, it’s just another example of kissing a “Khristian” hinney to keep the base mollified.
And, should you think that an appointment of this magnitude, would somewhat tame Tony’s rhetoric, au contraire mon ami!
At the same time this was going on [5/14/18] Tony showed up on “Washington Watch” to drop some of his (brown and stinky) pearls of wisdom, as he equated transgender people with animals.
If you are a male—genetically you are a male, biologically you’re a male—and you say, ‘Well, I’m not a male. I’m a female.’ I mean, what’s to keep you from saying you’re an animal?
Think about this for a minute. Someone says, ‘Well look, I’m a bird-man, alright? I’m a bird-man and I’m going to jump off this building and fly.’ Do you have a responsibility to stop that person from jumping off that building? I mean, you know that they don’t have feathers and they can’t fly, but you would hurt their feelings if you said, ‘No wait, Fred, you’re not a bird-man. You’re a man but you’re not a bird and you can’t fly.’ But out of respect for not hurting his feelings, you go ahead and let him jump, and that was the end of Fred
That’s again the lunacy, because the reality is when we allow kids, people, to identify with something other than reality, it is ultimately hurting themselves.
p.s.: If my ramblings don’t revolt you, check out my FaceBook page (“Grouchy’s Grumbles”) you might just enjoy it. Better yet, you might “like” it. I’d love it if you did. It’s free (and worth every cent) and almost completely painless (other than the usual bad jokes).
- Trump Far Right Rally Gets pranked by Borat Creator - June 30, 2020
- Trump faces outrage after report reveals Russia offered Afghan militants ‘rewards to kill Americans’ - June 27, 2020
- A top Pennsylvania Republican said coronavirus only threatens children in poor health. That’s not true. - May 14, 2020
- US Justice Dept drops case against ex-Trump aide Flynn - May 7, 2020
- Trump ‘not concerned’ after Brazil official who met him tests positive for coronavirus - March 12, 2020
- AG Orders Jim Bakker to Stop Claiming His ‘Silver Solution’ Kills Coronavirus - March 6, 2020
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019