America’s racist history pre-dates the KKK-endorsed Putin’s puppet currently squatting in the White House. This country was built on racism and we are in desperate need of a “Truth and Reconciliation” commission around race if we are to survive intact, but Trump’s racism has certainly emboldened the run-of-the-mill racists roaming our streets.
man captured on cell phone video using racial slurs toward a teacher during a road rage dispute was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Eric DeKeyser, 49, began yelling slurs at a man after following him into a shopping center parking lot in Johns Creek on April 6, according to a police report. Officers arrested the man because the victim recorded the end of the outburst and showed it to police. The argument also took place in front of children in the shopping center, police said.
“It’s shocking that it was so blatant,” said Terrence Stover, who recorded the slurs being said at him. “It’s wrong and it’s hurtful.”
Stover, a U.S. history teacher and football defensive line coach at South Gwinnett High School, says DeKeyzer was driving erratically and following too closely on Medlock Bridge Road. It was around 10 a.m. when Stover says DeKeyzer then began to first hurl racial slurs at him at a stoplight near Abbotts Bridge Road.”
In his Facebook post about the incident, Stover wrote that he believed DeKeyser was concealing a handgun in his pocket, and that he was trying to goad Stover into a physical altercation so he could shoot him and get away with it under Georgia’s “stand your ground laws.”
Stover wrote, “I am a high school educator and football coach. I also happen to be a gun owner who leaves the weapon in a secure place in my home. It is there for me to use only in the event that I need to protect my wife and children from an armed intruder.
This week, however, I met up with the type of gun owner that makes people question the point of the Second Amendment and gives fuel to the gun control movement.
…I have not told very many of my students or athletes what happened yet. I’m still shaken up and processing the experience. But here’s what I’ve concluded so far.
First, no matter what situation, you can only control yourself. So try to check your emotions, quickly and strategically examine as many aspects of the situation as possible, and most importantly respond with intelligent choices that minimizes the most damage. It could save your life or in many cases….. YOUR FREEDOM. Second, no one carrying a gun should ever use it to premeditate a murder. Never use a weapon to defend irrational/immoral behavior. Stand your ground laws are not meant to cover for misplaced aggression. Third, racism still very much alive!”
Read his entire statement, here.
Another day in Trump’s America! Thanks to Republicans, rather than the racial healing this so-called democracy vitally needs to survive, we get laws designed to allow racist terrorists to (try) and get away with murder.
Please, everyone. Make sure your voter registration is valid. The Blue Wave can’t come fast enough.
Watch the video below. (Warning: Explicit Language)
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018