During an appearance at a policy conference on Mackinac Island, Michigan, John Boehner recently made headlines by asserting between sips of his Bloody Mary, “there is no Republican Party. There’s a Trump Party.” Of course, like the majority of his compatriots, the former Republican Speaker of the House took no responsibility for the part he played bringing the “Party of Trump” to fruition.
Now, in the growing tradition of conservative rats fleeing Trump’s GOP sinking ship, conservative commentator Max Boot penned a scathing op-ed for the Washington Post, lambasting Trump’s GOP for becoming a “white-nationalist party with a conservative fringe,” and calling for Democrats to take over.
Like his fellow-former Republican Steve Schmidt, who recently renounced and eviscerated the “indecent and immoral” GOP, Boot wrote that Trump’s supporters “want to transform the GOP into a European-style nationalist party that opposes cuts in entitlement programs, believes in deportation of undocumented immigrants, white identity politics, protectionism and isolationism backed by hyper-macho threats to bomb the living daylights out of anyone who messes with us.”
He continued, “Personally, I’ve thrown up my hands in despair at the debased state of the GOP. I don’t want to be identified with the party of the child-snatchers. But I respect principled conservatives who are willing to stay and fight to reclaim a once-great party that freed the slaves and helped to win the Cold War. What I can’t respect are head-in-the-sand conservatives who continue to support the GOP by pretending that nothing has changed.”
As much as Republicans try to distance themselves from the Trump monster, they created it one campaign finance law, one gay-bashing “culture war” call for a Constitutional Amendment, one racist “Willy Horton” ad at a time.
Though, Boot is 100% correct in one sense – there is no fixing the GOP. The only remedy is to completely destroy it.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018