During an appearance at a policy conference on Mackinac Island, Michigan, John Boehner recently made headlines by asserting between sips of his Bloody Mary, “there is no Republican Party. There’s a Trump Party.” Of course, like the majority of his compatriots, the former Republican Speaker of the House took no responsibility for the part he played bringing the “Party of Trump” to fruition.
Now, in the growing tradition of conservative rats fleeing Trump’s GOP sinking ship, conservative commentator Max Boot penned a scathing op-ed for the Washington Post, lambasting Trump’s GOP for becoming a “white-nationalist party with a conservative fringe,” and calling for Democrats to take over.
Like his fellow-former Republican Steve Schmidt, who recently renounced and eviscerated the “indecent and immoral” GOP, Boot wrote that Trump’s supporters “want to transform the GOP into a European-style nationalist party that opposes cuts in entitlement programs, believes in deportation of undocumented immigrants, white identity politics, protectionism and isolationism backed by hyper-macho threats to bomb the living daylights out of anyone who messes with us.”
He continued, “Personally, I’ve thrown up my hands in despair at the debased state of the GOP. I don’t want to be identified with the party of the child-snatchers. But I respect principled conservatives who are willing to stay and fight to reclaim a once-great party that freed the slaves and helped to win the Cold War. What I can’t respect are head-in-the-sand conservatives who continue to support the GOP by pretending that nothing has changed.”
As much as Republicans try to distance themselves from the Trump monster, they created it one campaign finance law, one gay-bashing “culture war” call for a Constitutional Amendment, one racist “Willy Horton” ad at a time.
Though, Boot is 100% correct in one sense – there is no fixing the GOP. The only remedy is to completely destroy it.
- Trump Doesn’t Seem to Know the Difference Between England, the U.K. and Great Britain - July 16, 2018
- Conservative Columnist Mocks GOP’s Strzok Hearing: ‘There’s a Reason They’re Called the Stupid Party’ (VIDEO) - July 13, 2018
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders Wants Us To Believe John Kelly is as Petty and Small As Trump - July 12, 2018
- Caught on Camera – Racist Harasses Woman for Wearing Shirt Depicting Puerto Rican Flag As Cops Do Nothing - July 10, 2018
- To Placate Formula Makers, Trump Bullies UN Over Breastfeeding Resolution – Until Russia Sponsors It - July 9, 2018
- Another Notable Conservative Flees ‘White-Nationalist Party’ GOP, Endorses Democratic ‘Takeover’ - July 5, 2018
- Portland Police Revoke Permit When Alt-Right Rally Turns Into a Rampage - July 2, 2018
- Marco Rubio is More Upset About An “F Bomb” on TV than Another Gun Massacre (TWEETS) - June 29, 2018
- Trump Defends Putin’s Innocence In Election Meddling Right Before Summit Announcement - June 28, 2018
- Restaurant That Refused To Serve Sarah Sanders Targeted by Trump Supporters (VIDEO) - June 27, 2018