Alex Jones insists that “there’s a war on for your mind.” But he’s found it a lot harder to wage that war lately. By the end of last summer, the InfoWars impresario had been bounced from nearly every social media platform for his repeated advocacy of violence against minorities, as well as his tendency to practice harassment masquerading as journalism.
Since then, Not-So-Smart Alex has relied mostly on Instagram to serve up his diet of conspiracy theory and fake news. All the while, he insists that he’s the victim of a campaign of censorship.
But on Sunday, Jones proved once again why his no-platforming was long overdue. He appeared to blow yet another of his trademark freight train whistles by seemingly calling for Rachel Maddow to be executed for treason.
It should come as no surprise that Jones was taking a victory lap after Robert Mueller revealed that he could not find any evidence Trump or his campaign colluded with Russia. But Jones took it to a disturbing extreme on Sunday’s edition of “The Alex Jones Show.” He claimed that no one on the left had any right to worry about Russian hacking when Google was giving carbon technology to China.
I know there’s a lot of money and everybody’s been bought off by China, but my God, we’ve been sold out. And the audacity to point their fingers at people like me and Trump and say we’re on foreign payrolls? No, YOU ARE AND YOU KNOW IT, SCUM!
He then suggested that he’d be more than willing to deal with that “scum” when the time came.
If you’re found guilty of treason, and they want me to kick the switch to open that trapdoor and drop your neck down and snap that son of a bitch, I swear to God I’ll pull those levers all day, ’cause I’m sick of your crap! You’re not just traitors, selling us out to a horrible authoritarian regime that’s killed way more than Hitler did. You’re trying to take my freedoms, and lock my ass up?! To quote Emperor Palpatine, ‘No, no, no–you will die!’
This would be just a garden-variety tirade from Not-So-Smart Alex. But while Jones was railing, clips of Maddow were rolling on the screen. Given Jones’ history, it’s hard to believe this was a coincidence. This is the same man who had no qualms about accusing the Sandy Hook and Parkland survivors of being “crisis actors” when he almost certainly knew they were being relentlessly harassed and trolled.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a classic example of stochastic terrorism. That is, Jones said this almost certainly knowing one of his viewers or listeners could take it upon himself or herself to come after Maddow–though he doesn’t know which of his followers will do so. Indeed, along those lines, he never mentioned Maddow’s name–an apparent effort to maintain plausible deniability.
If there was any doubt Jones and InfoWars belong in the basket of deplorables, this clip should erase it.
- Franklin Graham: Evidence Trump Interfered With Mueller Is ‘Chaff’ - April 19, 2019
- Trumpkin Pastor Suggests Pence’s Foes Need ‘Deliverance Ministry’ - April 17, 2019
- Michele Bachmann: Trump Is Most ‘Godly, Biblical President’ Ever - April 17, 2019
- Russian Hackers At It Again–Now They’re Spoofing GPS Systems - April 14, 2019
- Trumpkin Actor Paid Star House Freshmen A Compliment And Doesn’t Know It - April 13, 2019
- Ohio College Repubs Smear AOC As ‘Domestic Terrorist’ - April 11, 2019
- Pastor And Hate Merchant Still Online, Hate Fighters Get Silenced - April 11, 2019
- This Reporter Was Persecuted For Calling Out A Far-Right Troll - April 9, 2019
- Fundie Pundit: We Should Not ‘Sanction Religions Outside Of Christianity’ - April 7, 2019
- Junior: ‘No One Trusts The Media’ Because They Call Out His Dad’s Outrages - April 6, 2019