In 1973, the Supreme Court declared through “Roe v Wade,” that women have a constitutional right to have an abortion. And, for the past 46 years, the Religious Wrong, and their Regressive puppets, have tried their damndest to circumvent that ruling.
Now that those same Regressives have managed to stack the court in their favor, they’re organizing a full scale onslaught.
Currently, a number of “Red States” are passing the most draconian measures they can get through their legislatures. Their endgame is to get the bills up the judicial ladder to the Supreme Court. With their solid troglodyte majority on the court, they figure they’ll end abortions in this country.
Alabama Abortion Bill
As an example, I give you Alabama. (As if anyone would want it.) On Tuesday, [02/04/19] Alabama House Bill 314 was introduced. This measure would make abortions a “Class A Felony” with very few exceptions.
The anti-abortion measure lists those exceptions:
The term [abortion] does not include these activities if done with the intent to save the life or preserve the health of an unborn child, remove a dead unborn child, to deliver the unborn child prematurely to avoid a serious health risk to the unborn child’s mother, or to preserve the health of her unborn child.
I DOES NOT make exceptions for rape or incest. If you’re a victim of either, rots o’ ruck! After all, it’s Big Daddy’s plan that you got knocked up in the first place. (Or, at least that’s the view of the Good Book Bangers on the troglodyte fringe.)
In order to provide justification, the measure cherry picks references to the anti-slavery movement, the women’s suffrage movement, the Nuremberg war crimes trials, the American civil rights movement, German concentration camps, the Chinese “Great Leap Forward,” Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge, and the Rwandan genocide in 1994. Also, that the unborn child has more rights than its mother.
In ‘Bama, a Class A Felony can get you life, or if you’re lucky, only 99 years. If you attempt an abortion, but don’t succeed, they’ll be more lenient. A failed attempt only constitutes a “Class C Felony.” That’s 1 – 10 years in the “Stony Lonesome” and a $15,000 fine.
Of course, even if the “Supremes” go along with this bullshit, it won’t stop abortions. There were abortions before “Roe v Wade,” and there will be abortions after “Roe v Wade.” It’s just that a lot of women may die in the process. That was the case before and that’ll be the case after.
You could say that this whole abortion thing is really about men trying to assert their control over women, and it is. But, it’s also a useful distraction device to fire up their base over something that’s really none of their damn business. Meanwhile this same base is getting screwed, but they’re too busy not noticing.
- The Pelosi Project: Jail The Witches (Which Witch Is Which?) - June 13, 2019
- E.W. Jackson: Saying ‘Thoughts And Prayers Won’t Stop Gun Violence’ Is Blasphemous - June 7, 2019
- GOPers Plan ‘Christian State’ To Be Based On Biblical Law - June 2, 2019
- Equal Justice (Comedy) Tour Flops! Hillary Not Arrested! - May 29, 2019
- Rick Wiles Wants A War With Jews - May 25, 2019
- Nutbar: Military Sprays Chemicals in the Sky to Create Chaos - May 19, 2019
- Gay Cartoon Rat Gets Married, Franklin Graham Gets PO’d! - May 16, 2019
- Nutbar: Failure to Jail Hillary ‘Spitting in the Face of God’ - May 11, 2019
- ‘God’ Gave Jim Bakker A Helpful List So Khristians Will Know How To Vote - May 5, 2019
- Wingnut: ‘The Holy Spirit Has indicted Hillary Clinton - April 25, 2019