In 1973, the Supreme Court declared through “Roe v Wade,” that women have a constitutional right to have an abortion. And, for the past 46 years, the Religious Wrong, and their Regressive puppets, have tried their damndest to circumvent that ruling.
Now that those same Regressives have managed to stack the court in their favor, they’re organizing a full scale onslaught.
Currently, a number of “Red States” are passing the most draconian measures they can get through their legislatures. Their endgame is to get the bills up the judicial ladder to the Supreme Court. With their solid troglodyte majority on the court, they figure they’ll end abortions in this country.
Alabama Abortion Bill
As an example, I give you Alabama. (As if anyone would want it.) On Tuesday, [02/04/19] Alabama House Bill 314 was introduced. This measure would make abortions a “Class A Felony” with very few exceptions.
The anti-abortion measure lists those exceptions:
The term [abortion] does not include these activities if done with the intent to save the life or preserve the health of an unborn child, remove a dead unborn child, to deliver the unborn child prematurely to avoid a serious health risk to the unborn child’s mother, or to preserve the health of her unborn child.
I DOES NOT make exceptions for rape or incest. If you’re a victim of either, rots o’ ruck! After all, it’s Big Daddy’s plan that you got knocked up in the first place. (Or, at least that’s the view of the Good Book Bangers on the troglodyte fringe.)
In order to provide justification, the measure cherry picks references to the anti-slavery movement, the women’s suffrage movement, the Nuremberg war crimes trials, the American civil rights movement, German concentration camps, the Chinese “Great Leap Forward,” Cambodia’s Khmer Rouge, and the Rwandan genocide in 1994. Also, that the unborn child has more rights than its mother.
In ‘Bama, a Class A Felony can get you life, or if you’re lucky, only 99 years. If you attempt an abortion, but don’t succeed, they’ll be more lenient. A failed attempt only constitutes a “Class C Felony.” That’s 1 – 10 years in the “Stony Lonesome” and a $15,000 fine.
Of course, even if the “Supremes” go along with this bullshit, it won’t stop abortions. There were abortions before “Roe v Wade,” and there will be abortions after “Roe v Wade.” It’s just that a lot of women may die in the process. That was the case before and that’ll be the case after.
You could say that this whole abortion thing is really about men trying to assert their control over women, and it is. But, it’s also a useful distraction device to fire up their base over something that’s really none of their damn business. Meanwhile this same base is getting screwed, but they’re too busy not noticing.
- ‘Prophet’: Patriots Will Murder High-Profile Democrats in the Streets if Trump Doesn’t Carry Out Mass Arrests by January - August 20, 2019
- Better Red Or Dead? Civil War Fever Strikes Right - August 17, 2019
- ‘Flat Earth’ Rocket Launch Aborted Due to Bad Used Water Heater - August 15, 2019
- Louie Gohmert: Charging Terrorist With Hate Crime Will Lead To Sending Preachers To Prison - August 7, 2019
- Knuckle Dragger: Country Songs Contain Evil Magic Spells - August 4, 2019
- Bishop Claims Homosexuality Is The Product Of Women Enjoying Anal Sex - July 28, 2019
- Woman Thinks Spiderman’s Hands Belong To Satan! - July 18, 2019
- Paula White: White House Is Holy Ground Because Of Me - July 11, 2019
- Fake ‘Historian’: The 2nd Amendment Allows You to Own a Tank - July 8, 2019
- Khristian School Kindergarten Teacher Charged With Sex Assault - July 5, 2019