You’ve probably already heard about Sean Spicer’s ridiculous, insensitive and ignorant remarks that “someone as despicable as Hitler” “didn’t sink as to the… to the… to using chemical weapons,” and his stating (in his typical tone of unearned righteous indignation) that, Hitler confined his “chemical attacks” to “Holocaust centers.” Outrageous, yes. But there’s a larger issue at play. Sean Spicer is emblematic of an administration that is utterly and fundamentally unworthy to occupy the highest office in the land.
This is alarming, to say the least. Rachel Maddow not only shares our concern, but brilliantly detailed the unfolding disaster beginning with Spicer’s mangling the Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s name. “From the very beginning, it was clear the White House press secretary could not handle this,” Maddow asserted.
She went on to cite Spicer’s inability to pronounce the acronym “PDB” for “Presidential Daily Brief,” his repeatedly confusing “Atlanta” for the attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, and his mispronunciation of the Syrian dictator’s name, Bashar al-Assad.
It can be argued that Spicer is the perfect representation of the ineptitude of this so-called presidency and administration. Yes, the world is a tinderbox and the grand experiment in liberal democracy is being helmed by people who can’t organize an Easter Egg hunt.
While Sean Spicer has apologized for today’s ignorant and insensitive remarks, as Rachel Maddow points out, “the person who’s job it is to speak for the White House” is completely unqualified and ill-equipped to fulfill this position. Stacking an administration with people unfit for the positions they’re tasked with is a pattern with this White House.
Rachel wraps up by stating, “Even on the most serious issues on earth, this White House… this administration… can make itself the center of attention just by the sheer virtue of how disastrously distractingly inept they can be -even with the simplest things.”
But if that makes you feel less funny, “ha ha” and more funny “sick.” There is a little bit of a cure… there is a cure for that despair. It’s called, “democracy.”
Amen. Please make sure you’re registered to vote. Volunteer with your local Indivisible group. Resist!
Watch the entire epic takedown below:
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018