Remember when Bush stole the 2004 election and swaggered around bragging that he had a mandate to destroy the country the same way he destroyed every other business his daddy bought him? Remember when Republicans shut the Democrats out of EVERY piece of legislation for years, even shutting the lights and mics off when Democrats were trying to hold hearings? Democrats on, the other hand, win decisively and for reasons that can only be attributed to Stockholm Syndrome, insist on melding Republican *cough* “ideas” into legislation although rejected by the American people in the last few elections.
While Bush was still actively destroying the country, Harry Reid whined that although we gave him a majority in the midterm elections, it wasn’t a filibuster-proof majority and rather than let the Republicans get on the floor and actually conduct a filibuster, all they had to do was threaten a filibuster and Harry Reid wet his pants and capitulated to every Republicans demand.
We then elected a Democratic President and gave them a filibuster-proof majority and STILL Democrats feel the need to enable their abusers and betray the People. A few Democrats, such as Representative Anthony Weiner of New York, Independent Senator Bernie Sanders and Senator Dennis Kucinich have the intestinal fortitude to break the spell of Stockholm Syndrome and stand up to Republicans with the contempt they so rightly earned.
Another unapologetic Dem has stepped out of the shadows. Representative Alan Grayson had garnered lots of attention the last few days for daring to counter Republican obstructionism and lies simply by stating the ugly truth.
Grayson got on the floor of the house on September 28th and summed up the Republican health plan in 2 sentences – 1) Don’t get sick 2) If you get sick, die quickly.
Watch That Here:
Republicans, as usual demanding a from their opponents what they don’t expect from themselves; having for the last 8 month spewed nothing but vitriol, hyperbole and outright sedition on the floor of the House, immediately called for the Democrat to apologize.
Grayson beat them at their own game and took that opportunity to spank the Republicans again saying, “”I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven’t acted sooner to end this holocaust in America.”
Watch That Here:
As expected, Republicans took their que and feigned (yawn) outrage in another desperate attempt to find ANYTHING to delay and distract from the truth that 4000 Americans a month die from lack of access to health care, Republicans tried to make today’s fake outrage about Grayson’s use if the term “Holocaust.” Again, the Republican double standard applies, as normal Americans (non-Republicans) have endured these
Thankfully, Grayson is not going to apologize and went on The Situation Room to take the Repugs to the woodshed again, calling them “knuckle-dragging neanderthals.” He must have been reading RepublicanDirtyTricks.com.
Watch That Here:
I sincerely hope that Grayson reminds his fellow Democrats how not to check their spines at the door when they supposedly go to work for the American People, though I am not that niave not to know that most of them are indebted to their rich benefactors. Until we have publically-financed elections we will have to be satisfied with these special moments when Democrats remind “The Party of No” that normal Americans (non-Republicans) are on to their game.
Contact Rep. Grayson and congratulate him for being an unapologetic Democrat.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018