I Have To Run! God Chose Me!
Have you ever noticed how many Republicans claim that “god” told them to run, and then ended up getting squashed in the ensuing election?
Just going back through the last two presidential elections, that list of losers is long.
In 2012, we were blessed(?) with Michele Bachmann, Hermon Cain, Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum, Then, in 2016, we had another batch of bozos backed by Big Daddy: Scott Walker, Ben Carson, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee, John Kasich, Ted Cruz, Rick Perry (redux), and Rick Santorum (redux II).
There’s only two explanations for this:
- Big D is a master troll with a perverted sense of humor, or
- Every damn one of these clowns were lying through their teeth.
The Deity – Donald Connection
One candidate, who amazingly didn’t claim “he was on a mission from god,” was Donald Trump. But, then again, he didn’t have to. “Khristian” (as opposed to “Christian,” which they ain’t) bible beaters were slithering out of the woodwork to handle that chore. From “crazy uncle” Pat Robertson to ex(?) con man Jim Bakker to Robert Jefferess.
Unfortunately, these “fake Christians” have millions of people who believe their drivel.
As George Carlin explained it,
Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that,
Which brings us to the bottom half of the bottom half. (aka “evangelical Republicans”)
In a recent Fox News Poll (which tend to be a hell of a lot more accurate than Fox News(?) ever is) it is reported that 46% of Republicans and 55% of White evangelicals believe god wanted Trump to be president. (As you may have noticed, there’s quite a bit of crossover between these two groups.)
Clinton voters and Dems in general don’t agree. Only around 8% think Trump is the man from god and 87% tend to think he plays for the other team.
The bad news is that when Dems, Repubs, and Indys are all counted, 25% of the population believes in a Big Daddy – Big Baby connection.
- Islamic & Christian Fundies: Two Coins of the Same Side - November 26, 2019
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Impeachment - November 14, 2019
- Louie Gohmert Goes All ‘Civil War’ Over Impeachment - November 1, 2019
- Walk On Holy Water In Your Jesus Shoes For Just 14,000 Shekels! - October 15, 2019
- This Week in God (As worshiped by Bronze Age troglodytes!) - October 6, 2019
- Non-Khristians Not Welcome In New State To Be Called ‘Liberty!’ - September 14, 2019
- Sarah ‘Caribou Barbie’ Palin Dumped By Hubby? - September 10, 2019
- The Second Amendment Ain’t What It Used To Be! (Part 1) - September 5, 2019
- Troglodyte: Khristians Need Militias For The Coming Civil War - September 4, 2019
- Sex, Drugs and Bank Fraud = Right Wing ‘Family Values? - August 31, 2019