Democrats grilled Betsy DeVos during her confirmation hearing last night, challenging her smug smirk, and revealing her lack of truth and understanding of how poor children struggle for fair and just education. Every answer revealed her intent to push public education into the DeVos’ hellhole of states’ rights over federal protection.
Devil DeVos avoided the straightforward questions with her smug “Mary Jane” smile, playing to the crowd. Answer after answer was a stereotypical “virtuous servant” vague response, that avoided questions meant to reveal her financial bloodsucking plans to defund public schools throughout the country.
Elizabeth Warren took DeVos to task about student loans, challenging her misunderstanding about the plight of disadvantaged youth to finance college. Also, Warren challenged Devos’ vague “will do my best” responses to commit to follow the laws in place.
In relation to gun control in schools, Devil DeVos asserted states should be responsible, and patronized Senator Christopher Murphy from Connecticut when she compared his question to the need of states to protect students against harms such as grizzly bears! DeVos inferred protecting grizzly bears was similar to what teachers experienced during the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting.
Through the questioning, DeVos never broke her “Mary Jane smile” to acknowledge how gun violence affected schools and learning, or whether the federal government should provide protections for students.
Senator Hassan exposed DeVos’ ignorance of not knowing that the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a federal law, that is a mandate for all institutions to follow. The truth is that Devil DeVos doesn’t see protecting children with disabilities as a federal government responsibility!
Rather, DeVos asserted that job should be left to the states.
Stunning: Maggie Hassan (who has a disabled son) realizes that DeVos doesn’t know the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act exists. pic.twitter.com/ht2dK9iqL8
— Matt McDermott (@mattmfm) January 18, 2017
It is savior Bernie Sanders who nails not only her bad economics and self-serving interests to the wall, but the very fact that without her millions she wouldn’t even be sitting there, and likely her children would have embraced the very education she is trying to destroy!
Liberals did their best to challenge the obstructionist Republican Chair Lamar Alexander, the father of free-market education, from limiting time for Democrats to explore deeper questions of the nominee.
The final vote is still to be determined. One can only imagine what golden shower the public will have to burden next.
- Forget Health, Paul Ryan and GOP Assert That Profit is the Only Worthy American Value - May 7, 2017
- “Alpha Male” Trump Uses Fox’s Pirro as His Puppet to Tell Ryan, You’re Fired! - March 27, 2017
- I Guess They Don’t ALL Suck. Here’s ONE GOP Senator Resisting Trump’s Big Oil Greed Agenda - February 15, 2017
- Real Leaders Don’t Break the Law! Hey, Flynn! You Say Resigned? We say YOU’RE FIRED! - February 14, 2017
- GOP Senator attempts to school Dem’s all nighter against Devil DeVos – and they show him the door! - February 7, 2017
- Trump’s Debt Delusions Could Lead To Economic Collapse Way Worse Than Dubya’s - January 25, 2017
- Conservative Set Out To Eliminate Radical Arts Programs With Trump At The Helm - January 21, 2017
- 4 Of Our Fav Senators Unleashed A Smackdown On Trump’s Education Sec–It Was….Beautiful - January 18, 2017
- The Twitter Court Verdict: Trump’s CBC Fiasco is Racist as F**K - January 17, 2017
- Here Are The 7 Biggest Dangers Of The DeVos Education Machine - January 16, 2017