The founders rightfully kept religion firmly walled off from our secular government. Here’s today’s example why it should stay that way.
This past November was the first time a female and a non-member of a polygamous Mormon sect was elected Mayor in the town of Hildale, Utah’s 100-year history.
Newsweek reports, “When Donia Jessop fled the cult-like environment of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Hildale, Utah, she never thought she would return—let alone lead a movement to successfully become the town’s first female mayor and the first to hold power without the church’s support.”
Of course, progress is always opposed by those who feel threatened it. So, the notion of working under a woman and an “apostate” triggered a mass exodus of FLDS members.
KSL.com reports “Eleven city employees in Hildale have resigned, including one who wrote that his religious beliefs prohibit him from ‘following a woman, and from serving on a board with apostates,’ according to Mayor Donia Jessop, one of four non-members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints elected to office in November.”
So, “sincerely held religious beliefs” prohibit these 11 men from working under the direction of a woman and “non-member” of their cult of plural marriage and child brides.
Mayor Jessop was gracious in her response, stating she had asked each of them to stay and that “It’s easier to cope with this because it’s not personal, they are just following what they believe.”
As for the rest of normal civilization, we’ll just say, “bye, Felicia. Don’t let the door hit you where the giant cloud being split you.”
With record numbers of women running for office, the archaic albatrosses around the neck of progress are going to have to evolve or crawl back under their rocks and stfu.
Either way, more women in positions of power is certainly one good way to get rid of the dead weight.
Keep up the resistance – and the persistence!
By their very nature, conservatives are anchors on progress. Especially conservatives who ascribe their misogyny on a so-called omnipotent cloud-being who, curiously, behaves like a gigantic version of the puny men who dreamed him up.
- White Nationalists Throw Hate “Business Cards” at Black Woman - November 6, 2018
- Supposed Persecuted Trump supporter Scams Cons Out of $150,000 - November 5, 2018
- In 3 A.M. Tweet, Trump Complains he’s the Real Victim of Mail Bombs - October 26, 2018
- Melania Trump Claims She’s ‘The Most Bullied Person in the World’ and the Internet Groans - October 11, 2018
- Right Wingers Help Completely False Kremlin-Made Propaganda Video Go Viral - October 9, 2018
- Historian: Mitch McConnell is the “Gravedigger of American Democracy” - October 5, 2018
- Donald Trump Tried To Trick His Elderly Father Into Changing His Will - October 4, 2018
- Survey: Trump Surpasses ‘Terrorism’ as Germans’ Greatest Fear - September 6, 2018
- Ron DeSantis Moderated Racist Facebook Group That Attacks Minorities, Parkland Survivors - August 30, 2018
- Architect: Betsy DeVos’ Ostentatious McMansion Sucks - August 8, 2018